The school was opened in 1969. Springfield Lower is a community school for children aged 4-9 years old and is situated on Orchard Street in Kempston which is south east of Bedford.
The school is situated in spacious and attractive grounds which includes a playground with climbing apparatus and playground markings, a large playing field and a small meadow conservation area, a patio, the Reception unit’s playground, a heated swimming pool and an all weather pitch.
· To provide the physical, social, moral, spiritual emotional and academic needs of all the children, valuing the knowledge, skills and cultural heritage that they bring to the school.
· To offer a broad and balanced, stimulating and well structured curriculum.
· To promote each child’s progress through praise and sensitive, constructive comments.
· To work in partnership with families to ensure that each child achieves her/his full potential.
· To try at all times to provide a calm purposeful working atmosphere.